- Government is Aggression
"Aggression is simply another name for government."
- Benjamin Tucker, Relation of the State
to the Individual
- Taxation is Robbery
"It is not the law which in the first instance defines robbery, it is an ethical principle, and this the law may violate but not supersede."
- Frank Chodorov, Taxation Is Robbery
- Voting is Violence
"Each person, by voting, sanctions the violence used by agents of the State."
- Carl Watner, Is Voting an Act of Violence?
- Democracy is Gang Rape
"Voting for or against Hitler would only strengthen the institutional framework that produced him - a framework that would produce another of his ilk in two seconds."
- Wendy McElroy, Why I Would Not Vote Against Hitler
- Victimless crimes are kidnapping
"As an adult, you should be allowed to do with your person and property whatever you choose, as long as you don’t physically harm the person or property of another."
- Peter McWilliams, Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do
- Statism is slavery
"The degree of his slavery varies according to the ratio between that which he is forced to yield up and that which he is allowed to retain; and it matters not whether his master is a single person or a society."
- Herbert Spencer, The Coming Slavery
- War is murder
"Since war, especially modern war, entails the mass slaughter of civilians, the libertarian regards such conflicts as mass murder and therefore totally illegitimate."
- Murray Rothbard, For a New Liberty