The Nature of Law
by Roderick T. Long
- Law and Order Without Government
- Varieties of Law
- Public Goods vs. Public Choice
- The Three Functions of Law
- Why Three Functions?
- Should Law Be Monopolized?
- Locke's Case for Monocentric Law
- The Lockean Case Against Locke
- Law vs. Legislation
- Socrates on Law
- Two Senses of Law
- Natural Law and Human Law
- Natural Law and Customary Law
- Law vs. Legislation: Documentary Evidence
- The Basis of Natural Law
- Is There Room for Natural Law?
- Who Has the Burden of Proof?
- Natural Law Serves No Useful Purpose;
- There's No Such a Thing as Natural Law
Metaphysical Basis of Natural Law
- Even If There Were a Natural Law,
It Would Be Unknowable
- Evolutionary Explanations Make Natural Law Obsolete
- John Locke on Natural Law
Roderick T. Long is Professor of Philosophy at Auburn University who supports market anarchism.